We encourage people interested in referring or being referred to come in and visit CoolTan to meet some of the people here, have a general discussion about how CoolTan can be of benefit, and to see our workshop spaces. From there we will ask that you fill out our referral paperwork, and after the paperwork is completed and approved, attendance is available from the next workshop.
Please call ahead if possible to arrange a time, this greatly helps our staff team.
If you or your client would like to visit CoolTan, please call 020 7701 2696 to make an appointment.
What are the benefits of attending these workshops?
There are many benefits in attending CoolTan that all assist in supporting and increasing mental wellbeing. There are benefits more specific to certain workshops than others, and these are outlined in the PDF below.
To become a member
To become a member you need to be interested in the arts and/or community involvement, or in a project on a voluntary level.
You also need to either:
- have a mental health diagnosis
- be on a waiting list for assistance from mental health services
- have had a psychiatric admission to hospital
- be in current contact with mental health services including out-patients
- have a care plan approach supported by a social worker
- be part of any other organisation which supports people who are in need of mental health services yet are unable to access them for some reason
- be in treatment with a GP for long term mental health issues
- or be able to provide evidence that you have a mental health issue
CoolTan Arts strives to support the needs of those who cannot access other services and support due to discrimination. However we have very limited resources and cannot take on people who have a serious history of unprovoked violence, or who are unable to work in a group setting.
For further information, please download a copy of the referral form on this page, or call the office.
Please email the form and any enquiries to email@example.com