5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
Elephant & Castle ThamesLink
Changing Walworth walk explores the areas changing landscape through the lens of Charlie Chaplins’ extraordinary childhood. The walk navigates the streets round Elephant delving into the hidden childhood stories of South London’s greatest Cinema star. In its heyday the area had nearly fifty music halls presenting all manner of acts. But as Charlie grew the golden age of music-hall faded, metamorphosing into the new-fangled picture houses; as films superseded live acts. Exploring the little tramps origins, his rise from rags to riches, this walk traces and recreates something of the up and down fortunes of South London’s Piccadilly Circus.
Going on a CoolTan Arts walk:
• All walks are completely free, but voluntary donations are welcome
• No registration is necessary, just turn up!
• The walk leaders wear orange high-viz vests and rucksacks
• The walks take between 90 minutes time and 2+1/2 hours
• The walks are suitable for all levels of fitness, and are accessible to wheelchair users and people with disabilities
• Call CoolTan Arts on 07985 658443 if you cannot find the walking group on the day
• For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org